FITIS Youth Club Launched
The federation of Information Technology Industry Sri lanka (FITIS) is proud to announce the launch of FITIS Youth Club on 23rd May 2015, to promote its junior membership among the younger generation.
Ms. Udara Dikkumbura – Assistant Director of the Ministry of Education was the chief guest and Ms. Rukmali Premaratne – Assistant Director Of the Ministry of education was the Guest of Honor.
Ms. Udara Dikkumbura expressed that the launch of the FITIS Youth Club is an ideal oppertunity for the young school children and school leaves to build a close rapport with leading IT entrepreneurs, IT Proffessionals and well known Educationists to develop their IT knowledge and Skills through close interaction.
Addressing the launch the Chairman Of FITIS Mr. Chinthaka Wijewickrama and President Of Education & Training Chapter (FITIS) DR. Viraj Pinto highlighted the need and importantnce of Infomation Technolgy and said that it’s a requirement of the society that all individuals should posses technological literacy.
The mission of the FITIS Youth Club is to create a forum where Sri Lankan youth can develop their academic and professional knowledge and skills in ICT, whereby their exposure to industry will be enhanced, equipping them to take on future challenges. To create a vibrant community where innovation, creativity, personal growth and opportunity is encouraged and supported.
Expressing his views the Founding President of the FITIS Youth Club Mr. Vajira Karunaratne stressed that the main objective of launching the FITIS Youth Club has been to give an opportunity to Sri Lankan youth to gain knowledge and experience through active involvement in ICT projects organized by FITIS. He urged the youth to join the FITIS Youth Club and to get the maximum benefits from it through commitment, willingness to accept responsibilities and leadership. He invited them to actively participate in activities organized by FITIS and also requested to come up with their own creative ideas and projects assuring that the FITIS Youth Club committee along with all five chapters of FITIS (Education & Training, Hardware, Software, Communication & proffessional) will be there to extend their fullest support and guidance, to implement their projects.
He also invited the Ministry of Education, UCSC, ICTA, SLASSOM, UNICEF and other IT institutes to support to carry out IT related Projects to develop the youth in Sri Lanka.
FITIS Youth Club members will enjoy a host of fringe benefits such as..
- Obtain membership to the IT Federation in Sri Lanka – FITIS at a younger age.
- Recognition & Recommendation by FITIS as a valuable member of FITIS youth club.
- Gain valuable experience through active involvement in FITIS IT Projects.
- Hold important positions in FITIS youth club.
- Ability to organize Youth Activities/Seminars to promote IT in Sri Lanka.
- Opportunity to get involved in Local / International IT conferences & IT events.
- Opportunity to meet and work with IT Professionals & IT Institutes in Sri Lanka.
- Ability to register with FITIS job portal and gain access to attractive employment opportunities in the IT industry.
- Special discounts at Workshops & Seminars organized by FITIS.
- Special offers from FITIS member companies for Education, IT Products, and Software Products etc.