YCS Competition 2018
The YCS competition is open for two groups of students; 10 to 13 the special category, aged 14 to 17 the junior category, and 18 to 20 years, the senior category. The selection process is based on an initial assessment from a panel of judges, followed by a presentation/demonstration by the students and a final judgment by the same panel selected amongst industry and academia.
The winners, the school principals and the IT teachers of all the winning schools are invited to the awards ceremony. In addition to the winners, the winning schools will be recognized at the awards ceremony.
- To Facilitate FITIS Software Chapter SLASI’s main aim of shaping the knowledge nation of the future and make Sri Lanka renowned as an IT hub.
- Nurturing the computer scientists of tomorrow
- Provide an effective platform for young IT talents in order to grow and triumph.
- Provide opportunities for as many an aspiring inventor to showcase their creations bothlocally and regionally.
- Bring ICT in to rural schools
- Discovering the hidden IT talents in younger generation
- Help the National policy on achieving the 75% of ICT literacy towards Knowledge Economy.